Lux Aeterna by Morten Lauridsen.
Pennsbury High School Concert Choir.
Check us out on our YouTube Channel.
See clips from performances old and new. Don't forget to subscribe.
Welcome to the Pennsbury Choral Parents Association (PCPA) website
Please check out the Pennsbury Choral Department
1st Marketing Period Newsletter
NOTE TO PARENTS:
We are very excited to have your student in our choir department this year! The choral staff is looking forward to a year of making live music and concerts with some amazing events planned for your singer. First off, congratulations to the Women's Ensemble (Treble Choir) and Concert Choir for being selected by the DCINY Orchestra to perform at Carnegie Hall in January 2022. More information will be coming home about this event in the next month. We are also looking forward to having auditions for our annual musical which will be The Music Man this year. Auditions are open to all students and all grades.
Just a few beginning of the year items:
1. Materials needed for class - black folder or binder and a pencil
2. Concerts are mandatory and are a large part of the students' grades. Each choir has 3 to 4 concerts a year. Please see the website calendar for details.
2. Please come to our PCPA (Choral Parents) meeting on Tuesday September 21st at 7 pm in Keller Hall and on Google Meet.
3. Information regarding concert attire will be coming home in two weeks. The first concert for our A period choirs will be in December and the first concert for our B period choirs will be in November.
4. At the high school we also offer Music Theory and Music Technology classes if your student in interested in learning more about how music works. Please see Mr. Cressman for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding Safety and Health
In following Pennsbury protocol, masks are worn at all times while singing. Students are also spaced out for social distancing. Keller Hall has 3 industrial air purifiers running at all times.
The choral staff is beyond excited to be able to make music with your students this year!
James D. Moyer, K-12 Choral Music Coordinator
Lindsey Strauss, Choir Director
Josh Suslak, Accompanist and Choir Director
Derek Cressman, Music Theory and Music Technology Instructor
The PCPA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in 2015 to support the Pennsbury High School Choral Music Program.
We hope you will join us as a Parent Member–either through volunteering or participating in our fundraisers. Make sure to include your email address on the Parent Information Form. We send out notifications and announcements via email, Facebook and through SignUpGenius.
Check our website often for updates on our exciting opportunities.
Thanks and see you soon!
The goal of PCPA is to raise community awareness and provide financial and volunteer resources to support the Pennsbury High School Choral Music Program. The Choral Music Program is made up of seven choirs: five school-day choirs and two after-school choirs.
Grade 9: Freshman Chorus (Men's and Women's)
Grades 10-12: Chorale
Grades 10-12: Treble Choir
Grades 10-12: Concert Choir
Grades 11-12: Chamber Choir
See Our Gallery
Photos from Hello Dolly! and other Pennsbury Choirs musical productions, concerts and tours in the Gallery.